Thursday, July 26, 2007

2007 Weenie Awards - Charleston's Best Hot Dog

Charleston and the surrounding area has its share of Five Weenie Hot Dogs to pick from, but there is one that continues to stand out from the rest. This HDJ takes its hot dogs very seriously and is rightfully very proud of its offerings. It was also last year's winner, and while there have been other HDJs that have improved, none have come close to unseating the champ...

Romeo's Grill

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Romeo's hot dogs are just about perfect. They steam the buns to order, have great weenies, have mouth-watering chili and slaw that offsets it perfectly. The only negative for me about Romeo's is the ever-present smoke which hangs in the air and on one's clothing after a trip there. If the Kanawha County smoking ban is enacted by the Health Department then perhaps this demerit will be removed (and although I am in favor of the smoking ban, if I knew it would cause Romeo's to close it's doors as some businesses have threatened I would immediately change my vote!).

Congratulations Romeo's on successfully defending your title as Charleston's best hot dog!

No comments: