Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A Cautious New Year's Greeting

Another New Year's Day rolls around and with it come its inevitable feelings of woe, guilt and dread. Why do we do it to ourselves? Impossible expectations are just that; impossible. Calling them resolutions doesn't make them any more achievable. This is why I gave up on the whole resolution thing years ago. For me, like most people I think, the process of resolution making and breaking was a meaningless and destructive exercise. So one year I resolved to never have New Year's resolutions again: It's the only one I ever kept.

Why do I mention this? Because 2007 saw a downturn in production here at WVHotDogs.com and I'm tempted to resolve to do better in 2008. But who knows what kind of challenges awaits me and my fellow Weenie Wonks in the new year? It would be fool hearty to predict a better year having no earthly idea of what might transpire in the coming 12 months.

So instead, I'll just wish all of our loyal readers and fans a Happy New Year. Or, if you are one of those who thinks that even that puts too much pressure on you, Happy Tuesday. Or not.

But as a service to those traditionalists who might be reading this today, let me point out that eating a West Virginia hot dog with all the trimmings today will help you with your New Year's Day cabbage requirement.

4 comments:

The Film Geek said...

Thanks for making my 2007 so enjoyable, Stanton, Chris and Big Daddy. I hope 2008 is even better.

wvapoker said...

I love reading your reviews and have visited several places I would of never went to if this blog didn't exist.

Keep up the good work. I wish there was a open source review software that would allow your readers to rate WV dog joints after one of your reviews, but a quick google search yielded nada.

Christopher Scott Jones said...

A WVHD would have been great, but damned if any place in Hton was opened...

I'm Dad (and I said so!) said...

Fortunately, I've been able to enjoy a few of the homemade variety. Ritzy Lunch has begun selling their chili in a few of the local grocery stores. Good eating with a homemade slaw.